80% of New Years Resolutions fail by February
Happy New Year! 2018 started on a Monday, meaning it’s a brand new year, month and week! Are you ready to take control of your career this year?
To get you in the spirit, we’ve compiled a list of the best career advice that we’ve ever heard.
Here’s to making 2018 the year of “The Boss Up”.
1. Keep going if it’s what you truly want. In the end only your perspective of your life really matters. How you get through it is your peace.
2. Don’t do it for the money, do it because it is what you are passionate about.
3. If you die, they’ll send your family flowers and have a replacement in your seat within 48 hours. Look out for you.
4. Don’t tell yourself no.
5. Find out what is important to your organization.
6. What you’re passionate about doesn’t have to be your career for you to be committed to it.
7. You are your own biggest advocate.
8. What got you here won’t get you there. Keep learning.
9. Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to have a life.
10. Work as if you are being watched.
11. There’s no traffic on the extra mile. Your opportunities will always find you working.
12. Don’t bring problems to the table without possible solutions.
13. You know more than you think, you just have to start moving to realize it.
14. Stay hungry – don’t become content.
15. Be yourself, always.
What’s the best career advice you’ve ever received?
Until next time, stay FLY!
Anything you would like to see on the blog? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at twitter.com/byrdconsults and let us know!