As the year comes to a close, it’s time to start assessing the progress you made and look forward to a fresh start. Take the rest of the year to reflect, regroup, refocus and recharge. Take a look these 10 questions to ask yourself for 2015 and 2016 to help you move forward with an optimistic outlook.
2015: Boy, what a year!
- What goals did I make this year that I met?
- What goals did I miss this year?
- What were my greatest challenges? How did I overcome them?
- What were my biggest failures? Any lessons learned?
- Did I learn any new skills, languages?
- Did I explore any new cultures?
- What were my biggest wins?
- Did I make any strides in my career?
- How did I improve emotionally, physically, or mentality?
- What new relationships have I formed and how have they impacted me? Is there anyone I need to reach out to and thank?
2016: I’m coming for ya’!
- What new business ventures do I want to make?
- Where do I want to travel and learn a new culture?
- What past relationships do I want to revive?
- What relationships do I need to end?
- Are there any organizations I can join to improve my leadership skills?
- Where should I direct most of my time and energy?
- Am I moving in the right direction in my career?
- What weaknesses can I overcome?
- How can I start following my passion?
- What aspect of my life was boring that I need to change?
2016 is your year! Don’t wait until the end of the year to reflect on your goals. Check back in with yourself each month or every 3 months to make sure you’re moving in the right direction.
Remember, life won’t always be easy but if you are able to learn from your failures and wins, you have the right mindset. That’s what life is about. Dream big and focus until you fulfill those dreams.
Until next time, stay FLY!
Anything you would like to see on the blog? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at twitter.com/byrdconsults and let us know!